This weekend I...
1. Caught up on some of my favorite magazines.
2. Finally took the plunge and bought a tempur-pedic mattress. For the amount of money I paid for this mattress, I better be getting the BEST SLEEP OF MY LIFE. Like for reals.
3. Tried Taiwanese shaved ice (similar to Italian ice but with toppings) for the first time. I'm very particular with my shaved ice because Korean shaved ice is so freakin' good and the Taiwanese version wasn't too shabby. I had it at Bob's Noodle 66 in Rockville, MD and chose taro, red beans, and black jelly for my toppings. It's also drizzled with condensed milk. Yum.
4. Bought a gold bracelet by Kenneth Jay Lane from Saks. It's my first piece from this designer and I just love how bold yet simple this bracelet is. I've been searching for more gold bracelets to add to my collection and I'm very satisfied with this purchase, especially because it actually fits my wrist. I also love the pouch it came in because it's perfect for packing when traveling.
5. Painted my nails in all glitter. I used Essie's "adore-a-ball" as a base and Opi's "Rainbow's in the S-Kylie" on top of that. Just trying to prep for the upcoming holiday ya know?
6. Bought a new planner for the new year. As much as I love technology I'm still old fashioned in that I still love writing things down. Writing things down helps me remember stuff and the dorky part of me just loves seeing things checked off my "to do" lists. I can't believe 2012 is just around the corner. I'm ready to embrace 2012 with open arms...I have a good feeling about next year.
How was your weekend?